2017 Surviving Together Volunteer Position Description
(Starting January 2017)
Surviving Together (ST) Intern
Minimum 3 months assignment
Male or female. Bachelors degree education, or experience equivalent. Driving license, Thai language skills preferred, or oriental studies, must be able to use some relevant computer programs, writing ability, able to work in multicultural environments in either urban and remote locations.
• Assist in the implementation of all ST fieldwork, following the ST workplan for 2017;
• Working with field staff and partners to collate information on project implementation and producing reports;
• Assisting in coordinating field activities and project logistics;
• Participate in wildlife surveys and assist organizing wildlife survey data as required
• Assisting with the implementation of enforcement ranger training courses
• Helping with ranger on-job-training (after receiving in-house instruction)
• Providing capacity-development advice and assistance to local Thai staff not familiar with dealing with donors or reporting in English
• Providing assistance in other activities as required, including, but not limited to human-wildlife conflict, community outreach, and ranger training;
• Assist at the parks we work with and occasionally at rural Thai schools with outreach in English language, especially in relation to conservation activities in the area;
• Assistance in fundraising, such as development of funding proposals and identifying potential partners;
• Help teaching English language to staff and select DNP officials, if required
• Assistance in translation, interpretation, or editing of reports, workplans, and other documents between English-Thai (if applicable); and
• Other tasks relevant to the implementation of the Surviving Together program as need arises.
The volunteer will spend approximately 75% of time working in the Surviving Together field site (Dong Phayayen-Khao Yai Forest Complex) and approximately 25% at Freeland’s Bangkok office. Although work location may vary according to skills.
*Please note that this is an unpaid positon and although we are able to help volunteers/interns apply for tourist visas and various administrations that may apply if arriving from a foreign country; we are unable to provide any financial support.
Please submit your updated CV at email@example.com